White and mesh

1 Dec 2014




This summer has been so far blistering hot in Brisbane… and like most of us fashion enthusiasts, I'm sure 'stylish comfort' is ideal for every outfit. I think I did well with this one, layering my cotton singlet crop top with a matching mesh top from Supre, but here is a similar one from ASOS. It seems so simple wearing all white….but it isn't. Not entirely because of its likeliness to become somewhat dirty, but ‘matching’ whites seem to be quite a mission. You've got your dirty whites, white whites, your ivory but it seems whites, and creamy whites. UGH. Luckily my white midi zipper skirt from Ses fashion matched up perfectly with my top; this way my outfit kind of  looked like a one piece dress! This season I am inloveeee with midi skirts, ESPECIALLY with slits and splits. Here’s a similar one I found from DisshDid I mention I’m in love with wearing white and mesh too?? I have been inspired by The Haute Pursuit who I absolutely adore! This bangin' gal rocked a more sports luxe look wearing a front split skirt and a jersey mesh top.


Layering mesh gives any outfit a trendy, sophisticated-sexy kind of look (if it's done right).... I have seen some nightmares where they, well, just look more trashy than trendy. It's when mesh really takes over the whole outfit and it just seems they've put on some netted stockings as a dress.......I think it's more effective when mesh is a minimal feature. Here's a tip: when your wearing a one-coloured outfit, combining differentiating materials gives depth and contrast to the look. It gives more detail to the eye making the outfit look very up-trend! See how famous blogger Negin Mirsalehi nails it!




I've contrasted my outfit by wearing some navy blue suede heels from Famous Footwear and my Nilas arm chain by LadÉsah. On another note, I find wearing white is more fun when it comes to choosing lip colour! I particularly wear brown tinted reds and rosy brown mauves as it compliments my skin tone. I encourage you to go crazy this summer; orange, bright pinks and purples would look amazing with an all white outfit. Believe it or not, my favourite lippy at the moment is by Ultra3 thanks to a friend introducing it to me! A bargain find from most local drug stores bur can also be purchased online here. In this shoot I'm wearing the Ultra3 Brown sugar colour, a subtle rosy pink that compliments medium skin tones. Keep a look out I will be doing a review on these precious lip sticks soon! 






















Happy styling!




Post a Comment