Winter: Side split knits

5 Jul 2015


Hello helloooo! Yes I have been MIA for a long while again... It is such a struggle finding the time to work on anything else but work, hashtag teacher life. But as they say, good things take time, and time is what I'm working on atm. Anyway! Winter has been official for a while and oh damn am I feeling it! I've been attracted to weirdly cut pieces; and jumpers with side splits have definitely caught my eye.


Winter knits can be so repetitive in style, so to be quite honest I don't have many (at the moment). But there's a lot to love about these side split jumpers (which is why I have a growing collection in colours lol). A classy cute feel yet brings an element of sass. In this casual outfit I've paired my knit from Valleygirl with a dark olive green midi skirt from Glassons. Your probably thinking baby blue and olive green are weird colours to put together - which is why I like it lol! Something about contrasting unusual colours together this season for me, I think I've challenged myself to rock out what I haven't seen in the shop windows. I encourage you to challenge yourself! Back to my love for split jumpers! You can easily pair this up with boy friend/skinny/bootleg jeans, midi/mini skirts and the list is pretty endless. A simple staple to add to the wardrobe really. Big hips or not, I think side split jumpers give the chance for our hips to be shown, especially if you had ones like Kim K's (sigh). My pouch is from Witchery and my wood brown ankle boots were a bargain find from Kmart. I particularly chose brown for my shoes as it becomes a 'neutraliser' in the mixture of colours if that makes any sense. Nudes, greys, browns always have a way to work its magic on any outfit, to balance and enhance. Find the links below to shop my outfit.



1. Glassons midi skirt   2. Windsor Smith boots   3. Boohoo jumper   4. Collette Bar studs   

5. Witchery Pouch






 Well enjoy your week ahead guys, hoping to post again soon. Happy ootd'ing!






Post a Comment