Styling for less: After 5pm office look

30 Mar 2016



I was cleaning out my wardrobe the other week (once again). I noticed how much 'office-looking-stuff' I had, probably due to working at David Jones for a year before I began my teaching career. Of course working at David Jones meant that you would have to wear black, everyday. Not that it was any different from what I wore out of work anyway (haha). Anyway, I was in the mood to mix and match some old and new garments and ended up creating one of my favourite ensembles for a casual night out. I paired up my high-waist wide leg pants I bought from ValleyGirl about 2 years ago with a black bandeau from Boohoo, and my Glassons sleeveless jacket. Oh the fun in recycling clothes!!
Being quite short, I rolled up my pants into three quarters to elongate my legs and balance the look since I was wearing a long heavy vest. Love the nude detail on my pants!! Hence why I haven't thrown these babies away yet. Detail is everything when it comes to very simple, one coloured outfits - I think anyway. To top it off, I wore black tassel earrings from Lovisa and some tan block heels from Famous footwear. Now you could pull off any coloured heel for a one-coloured look. But, the more contrasting it gets, the more of a statement piece it becomes. This applies for your handbags, scarves, outerwear etc. So for example, I could wear emerald green heels with an all black outfit, but I would then make sure my accessories are simple and somewhat discreet. Otherwise, It'll all just look toooo much....but hey, just experiment and have fun with it! Here's some inspo below!


Get my look online all under $50!

Black sleeveless jacket: Missguided
High waist pants: Boohoo
Black bandeau: Boohoo
Tassel earrings: Lovisa Instore
Mamie Tan Heels:  Famous Footwear






 Happy styling!





Post a Comment